The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If a child shows COVID 19 symptoms
- Do not send your child or siblings into school. Self-isolate and inform the school office –
- You will need to book a COVID19 test for your child. This can be done by calling 119 (free number) or visiting https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
- Your child and any other siblings must not return to school and should self-isolate until the outcome of the test is known.
If the test result is negative, the child and siblings can return to school.
If the test result is positive, please inform school as soon as possible.
- The school will be advised by Public Health Wales/ Track, Trace and Protect as to whether a class needs to self-isolate for a period. If this is the case home learning will be arranged for that class.